Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- [Reminder] Upcoming webinar — Build Your Ultimate Martech Stack
Feb 27, 2017 by Digital Marketing Depot
It’s not enough to build a martech stack… you’ve got to build the right stack for your organization. Strategy, efficiency, integration, and resources all play significant roles in martech stack decisions.
- Making emotional connections in a digital era
Feb 27, 2017 by Seth Price
Emotional marketing is effective and advertisers worry that technology can serve as a barrier to brand-consumer connection. But columnist Seth Price believes technology can actually help foster these emotional connections.
- B2B marketing tips for an effective account-based marketing (ABM) strategy
Feb 27, 2017 by Kristie Colby
What is account-based marketing, and should you adopt it? Columnist Kristie Colby suggests how to implement ABM within your organization and how to use technology to scale your organization’s ABM capabilities.
- 10 things you should be doing now on social media to grow your business
Feb 27, 2017 by Will Scott
Looking to increase your brand’s reach on social media? Columnist Will Scott has 10 tips that will help you draw in new customers and build your business.
- Take your customers off mute: 3 tips for customer feedback
Feb 27, 2017 by Loretta Jones
There’s no denying the value of customer feedback. Columnist Loretta Jones shares three tips to make sure you’re getting the most out of your customer feedback programs.
- Urban Airship becomes first mobile wallet provider to offer single-tap loyalty rewards with Apple Pay
Feb 27, 2017 by Barry Levine
This allows a user to update loyalty rewards with the same tap to pay, or sign up with a second tap.
- Swrve’s new integration gives Oracle visibility into apps
Feb 27, 2017 by Barry Levine
Marketers using Oracle Eloqua can now send in-app messages, track user activity in-app, and trigger cross-channel campaigns based on app activity.
- Are you leveraging these underutilized Google Analytics features?
Feb 27, 2017 by David Booth
Are you getting everything you can out of Google Analytics? Columnist David Booth offers a checklist to help you take advantage of all it has to offer.
- Amazon: Virtual assistants and AI robots have free speech rights, too
Feb 24, 2017 by Greg Sterling
Company uses First Amendment argument in opposition to warrant seeking Alexa audio recordings in murder case.
- Selecting a CMS
Feb 24, 2017 by Digital Marketing Depot
Selecting the right content management system (CMS) is a critical part of creating your business website.
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- How to Design Dashboards That Make Sense, Search Engine People
- The Tower Framework for Implementing Social Media Analytics, Razor Social
Blogs & Blogging
- Beauty Matters: 3 Tips to Create Attractive Blog Posts, Content Marketing Institute
- Uber’s SVP of engineering is out after he did not disclose he left Google in a dispute over sexual harassment allegation, Recode
- How to Give Meaning to Your Content, Content Marketing Institute
- How to Use Content Upgrades and Capture More Leads, Duct Tape Marketing
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- A day in the life of… a user interface designer, Econsultancy
- Why story matters in UX, UserTesting Blog
Display & Contextual Advertising
- Amazon to Sell Game Downloads Directly From Twitch Streams, www.wsj.com
- An introduction to ecommerce APIs for non-developers, Chief Marketing Technologist
- Here’s what will drive adoption for another 10,000 Amazon Alexa skills, VentureBeat
- How 5 eCommerce Brands Created Major Profit With Small Pivots, Jeff Bullas
- Merchants Gain Social Media Sophistication, Rate it Most Effective Tactic, Street Fight
- What is Drop Shipping and How Can I Use It In My eCommerce Business?, Small Biz Trends
- 4 tips for improving email marketing results, Internet Retailer
- Email Design Best Practices: How to Design the Perfect Email, Constant Contact
- Email Marketing 101: Email Conversion Rate Optimization, Movable Ink Blog
- Get 4 Tips to Up Your Email Design Game, AWeber Communications
- Marketers See Positive Results from Segmenting Email Marketing Campaigns, KoMarketing
- The Impact of Gmail Tabs on Email User Behavior, MarketingProfs
General Internet Marketing
- The No BS Approach to Influencer Marketing, Top Rank Marketing Blog
- Why the Future of Marketing Is ‘Business to Human’, Convince and Convert
- Why Martech Companies Should Be Terrified of Facebook, Google, and Amazon, Contently
- Ad tech and ad blockers share common ground on inventory quality, Digiday
- Common misconceptions brand executives have about AI, VentureBeat
- If Anyone Is Going to Buy Directly from a Chatbot, It’s Millennials, eMarketer
- Cross-Device Tracking And Consumer Protection: Is There More To The Story?, AdExchanger
- Emojis boost boost push notification open rates 85%, study says, VentureBeat
- Grow Your Business with Ads on AMP, Accelerated Mobile Pages Project
- MobileBest: 10 experts on ad fraud, web vs app, attribution, and convergence, Tune
- EFF: Half of web traffic is now encrypted, TechCrunch
- Google is shutting down ‘Spaces’ on April 17th, becomes read-only on March 3rd, Android Police
- 4 Reasons Your Retail Brand Needs to Be on Instagram Right Now, Bruce Clay
- 6 Ways to Add the Facebook Pixel to Your Website, Jon Loomer Digital
- Are Facebook Users Becoming Less Satisfied with the Social Network?, eMarketer
- China’s Twitter clone Sina Weibo will soon have more users than Twitter, Quartz
- How the 2017 #Oscars dazzled on Twitter, Twitter
- How to Automate Twitter To Get Attention and Grow Your Followers, Jeff Bullas
- How To Get Started on Twitter: Learn the Language, Social Media Explorer
- How to Refine Your Facebook Audience for Better Ad Targeting, Social Media Examiner
- Inside Facebook’s AI Machine, Back Channel
- Social Media Algorithms: How They Work and How to Use Them in Your Favor, The Buffer Blog
- Tips for a Flawless Instagram Profile and Picture-Perfect Posts, MarketingProfs
- What to Pin to Pinterest in March, Tailwind Blog
- Which Social Media Platforms to Use for Marketing Campaigns, MarketingProfs
- Facebook’s video app is now available on Samsung smart TVs, VentureBeat
- Header Bidding Doesn’t Work For Video, AdExchanger
- How YouTube Serves As The Content Engine Of The Internet’s Dark Side, BuzzFeed News
- Marketing in the UK: Finding the Best Value in Video Ads, eMarketer
- The 5 Best Live Streaming Apps & Platforms, MediaKix
- YouTube is coming to Comcast’s Xfinity X1 set-top box, TechCrunch